Memories in Bali - Day 3 Highlights (Part 1 of 3)

"The Tanah Lot Adventure"

Remember the service car we rode from airport to our hotel? Yup! Same service we had doing our "the great Bali tour."

Putu, means first in Balinese, also his name, said that he can take us for a tour if we wanted to see the famous tourist spots in Bali. On our way to our hotel, we asked him how much he will charge us for the tour. He said, "USD 60." (too much)

We then just decide to explore Bali on our own. Maybe we can ride a bus or rent a motorcycle (it's mostly their means of transportation in Bali) touring the beautiful place of Bali. Unfortunately, my bestfriend doesn't know how to drive a motorcycle (she's a good driver of 4 wheels tho. *winks*)

I told her, "I can drive a bike! I'm a licensed driver." I saw anxiety and doubt on her face after offering that. (Haha!) So we decided not to. We ended up agreeing touring Bali by bus and exploring it ourselves since we are on a budget.

On our second day, however, we saw phamplets in our hotel lobby. We really wanted to experience and see where the tourist spots are. So we decided to contact Putu again and bargain him for the deal.

So I sent him an email asking if we could do the Bali tour for 500,000 IDR. He replied to our email few minutes after, we had the deal at 550,000 IDR. And IT IS SET!

Our third day is a 10 hour tour. He picked us up from our hotel at 9am. A night before the tour, our driver said he couldn't make it because he has to pick up some tourists coming from LA and hosting them for the tour. (Huhu) BUT! he also said that his brother is going to pick us up instead so yay!

On our third day..

As our daily routine, we started it with a heavy breakfast! (Again... no photos of food. Haha!)

Madeei, I am not sure if I spelled it right but it means second in Balinese, was waiting for us at the lobby earlier than expected. (High five for that!) So our day begins!


Madeei said our first stop will be 30-45 minute drive, so yey! Selfieee! Hihi! 

FIRST STOP - Tanah Lot 


We paid 20,000 IDR each for the entrance and 5,000 IDR for the parking fee. (Fair enough) But, they charge half for Balinese natives (of course)

We saw a group of tourist (Chinese most of them) entering the place. I told nanay we can do the other route so we can see what's on the other side. And so we did.

There are lots of store (selling pasalubongs) upon entering the vicinity. We were trying to look for a good deal of fridge magnets but we didn't find any. I was trying to look for a funny and ugly clown figurine or keychain too. A good pasalubong for a friend. Lol

Going back.. we saw this one shop selling the fridge magnet we're looking for. We asked her how much is she selling it and she priced us at 50,000 IDR! Ugh! I told her we saw the same magnets near our hotel and it only cost 15,000IDR so we left. She was trying to bargain with us but when she realized that we are not really interested, she agreed at 15,000IDR! We still left anyway. (I don't understand why people do that. They try to get much out from tourist's pockets but ending up bargaining at the real price in the end.)

Anyway, at the end of the road (somewhere down the road, our roads are gonna cross again, it doesn't really matter when.. lalala), we saw paradise! Voila!


Bali. Huuu! Bakit mo ba ako sinasaktan? 

Tanah Lot. Temples at the top of this big rock! What a view!

Nanay and I, again agreed we go against the crowd. Somehow we believe that going against them or going on the other route will give us better shots of this majestic paradise. And yes!! We did!


There's this small cave by the beach where snakes are holy. (Ek! We didn't have the courage to enter) But there were natives who were persuading us. But again.. ek! 

Then... the photo op! Weeee! 


That's my best friend right there! See how happy she is having this trip? I just love seeing her smile! *winks* 


We then walked closer to the rocks where the temple was situated. We wanted to have a closer glimpse of the temple but the gates were close. We were only allowed to set foot til the stairs heading to it. 

Before we walked up the stairs, there's this ritual they do where you have to wash your hands and face on the "holy water".



They also put rice grains on our forehead and slip a yellow bell on our ear. They said it's for good luck and blessings in life and love. (Maybe I need that. Yep. I needed it bad. Kasi TANG*N* talaga ni Mike Albano. Hahaha!)


These two were the guardians of the temple. They were the ones who welcomed us before going up the stairs. I had a small chat with the elder man too. Also joined him for a few puff. *oops* 


Ipihit mo pa girl! Kaya mo yan!


I had my moments too! I do my photo op on a professional level like that! (Haha! Frustrated model peg) 

After our series of photo ops, we then went to the other side of this unbelievably heart wrecking beautiful place! (Heart wrecking yes. Coz I was still thinking... maybe if US worked out. I could go back here again one day. With you.) 


 Wolah! The beach! And the waves! *cue in chorus of Rather Be by Clean Bandit* (lol. Idk. This song keeps playing on my mind when we were here)


 BFF! For life! Yay! Cheers for more photos and travels together! :)


 Took a photo of this guy. Was wondering.. is he also here for healing? (?_?)


 I think this is where they pray and do their rituals.


Most population of Bali were Hindus. So here ya go! 


Good wallpaper right? Yes. We took this shot. :) 

How can you not fall in love with this scenery? Tell me! 

And this! (Haha!)

And this! Goodness you people! (Lol) 

After almost two hours of walking around, taking photos of the scenery (and us), we sat somewhere nearby the cliff to rest. A group of native Balinese guys were also sitting beside us. They asked me where we're from. So I answered. They asked my name. So I told them. They took photos of me. So I posed. They took photos with me. So I smiled. They offered us drinks (bottled soya milk unopened.) So we drank. Haha! That's how you make friends! (Sh*t, mamatay ako ng maaga sa mga pinagagawa ko) They actually took lot of photos of us and with us. I gave them my email address and asked them to send me the photos so I can have a copy of it. (Didn't receive it yet tho but I'll wait. That's what I'm good at. Waiting. Hoping. Kasi hopia ako. PUNY*TA! HAHAHAHA) 


Here's our view while having a rest. I was thinking of you. Still thinking of you. Even in Bali. And I hate you for that. I hate myself for that. But somehow, it made me happy. Thinking that maybe someday... one day... i'll come back here with you.. so we both can appreciate the view. And have our memories too. So I wrote this blog. Took these photos. Wishing you were beside me. Seeing what I see. Feeling what I feel. But this trip. This trip is somehow helping me. Helping me heal. From the memories we've shared. From the very first day I met you up to the very last day I saw you and I was with you. 















Comments

Popular Posts