Memories in Bali - Day 2 Highlights


Our first day was fun. Our second day was even more. It's "swimming" day. "Selfie" day. "Photo op" day. Loooong day indeed. So if you want to see pictures of us and interested what and how Bali really is like, you are most welcome to continue, if not... bye.

Breakfast is served between 7am-10am. My bestfriend and I make sure to have a heavy meal before starting our day. Besides, breakfast is the most important meal of the day. (We didn't get the chance to snap some photos of the food we eat. Lost thought of it when we finally saw the food. Haha!) Wolah!! Our first breakfast in Bali- java rice, sauted hotdogs, pancakes, wheat bread, jam, fruits (papaya and watermelon) and coffee. And yes, we had it ALL on our table, and in our belly. *winks* Our hotel serves breakfast buffet. All worth it for a 500/day accommodation.

After breakfast we headed to Kuta beach. On our way we took some good photos worth sharing. Here are some few.

Read the text. It speaks for itself. Hard Rock baby!

One hotel we passed by on our way. Their exterior is very "Bali". Very traditional. I wonder how amazing their interior is.


Another hotel on our way, Grand Inna Hotel. One thing I love about this hotel is their exterior looks "Brazil" kinda like architecture or maybe more of a Western eh? Yay? Nay? I bet their guests have lots of mullah too! Lol



This is what their entrance looks like. Imagine yourself welcoming by turtles. Hihi! Cutie patootie!


Kuta beach's heart warming welcome! Few more steps, BEACH!!! YAY!



We laid out our "sarong" (shawl) on the sand for a short rest.

While resting, and singing our hearts out on the tune in my bff's ipod... wolah! There's this Balinese native who offered us a nail polish. She first said 200,000 IDR for each (too much). I commented with a high pitch tone and told nanay daph, (my best friend's name is Daphne. I call her "nanay", tagalog word for mom, because she's always been more than a big sister and a friend. She's a family.)

"Mahaaaal."

Didn't know Balinese can understand that. Haha!

So she again said, "200,000 IDR for 2".

Since we are in a budget, we rejected her offer.

Til she said, "tell me your price then".

 My best friend and I had that "look". (You know.. the look where you can just understand each other's mind without speaking a word. Haha!)

So we said... "150,000 IDR for 2." Then she said YES right away! (She said yes!!! We could've bargained for a lower price!)


So here she is doing my besfriend's toe nails. Lol.


Here's the finish product. The pedicure was not really "cleaning" perse. It's not like what we have here in the Philippines. They are more on the artsy fartsy than really cleaning. :(

But wait.. there's more. Another Balinese native (woman) came to us for a massage. I actually feel of having it so I asked her for her price. She said 100,000 IDR! (And we just saw a massage place worth 50,000 for an hour) So I, again, "accidentally" murmured "mahaaaal" in high pitch. Hahaha! Nanay and I agreed not to get it. But again, I forgot... Balinese can understand the word "mahal" (Love. Chos!) Kidding.


Anyway, this balinese woman bargained her price down to 50,000 to 40,000 to 30,000! (Imagine our face hearing that!) She said 30,000 IDR for a back massage! I, AGAIN, asked nanay if it's a good deal. And she actually said yes! So I asked the local how long will the massage be. She said "how long do you want it?" (Imagine my eyes circled like I just picked up a 1000 peso bill in the middle of a street at time I needed money most... I'm dancing and jumping inside my mind)


BUT... if we had that massage, we coudln't swim right away. And I really really really wanted to swim that day. And we badly wanted to dip our skin in those blue waves. It's calling our senses! It's like the waves were talking to us! Telling us to have a dip! So we refused the offer. (Dang! That was a good one ye?)

The native woman got pissed. She actually got pissed because we talked to her, we bargained, asked questions, made her feel that we badly wanted her service but ended up rejecting it. (Diba ang sakit mareject, TANG**A) Haha!


So another learning for us here in Bali, when someone offered you something, and you don't want it. Say NO. Insist on saying NO until they leave. Same with things you encounter and happens in your life. When someone offers you something -(food, time, attention, love), learn to say no if you don't want it. Rejection maybe sucky and heartbreaking but it's more heartbreaking if you let the other person hope. Hope for something you offered the other person thought will last. Just don't okay? Don't. (HUGOOOOT PAAAA!!)

We're talking about our Bali adventure right? Haha! Sorry I got a little carried away. Going back.


The beach! The beach is waiting for us!!! It's calling us! Aaaah! The beach! Kuta! Bali! Beach!!!




After 10 minutes of sun bathing, we decided to take a dip! Yay! Roughly 30-40 minutes of swimming. And laughing. And looking at the hot guy (who has six packed ABS! And toned body! Oh those arms! carrying his 2 sons haha! Hot daddy! Few meters from us.

We also saw a nipple popping right infront of us (Accidentally. Sorry Chinese Lady. Huhu!). After all these. After all the laughs, fighting and dancing with the waves, we finally got tired.

When we were sitting by the beach looking it's finest view, my best friend (out of nowhere) said "Thank you" (I cryyy!) She said, "Thank you for this vacation and for coming" (It really touched my heart. I'm really blessed and lucky and happy to have a best friend like nanay.)

On our way back, we saw a temple open - which means... Photo op!




Before heading back to the hotel, we ate at our favorite food court.  And yet, again. We didn't take photos of the food.. nor the place. And yes! We are that hungry!!!

(While having lunch... destiny played with my feelings again. The "karinderya" we are eating in suddenly played the song "Rather Be" by Clean Bandit. Good timing! :/ Yes! Even in Bali. Your memories haunts me puny*t* ka!)

Anyway, we decided to continue swimming in the pool after when we got to our hotel.


If you have a view and a pool like this, why wouldn't you right? :)


While swimming, there were English kids in the pool playing. We were like watching a live "harey pottah" movie while they were conversing! Hahaha! And there were French couple too! It's a movie! LIVE! Ah! Bali! You're amazing! (I don't know, ang babaw ko lang natutuwa ako sa mga nakikita kong ganito.)

After we swam. We drank our left over drinks, I don't normally drink pero TANG*N* talaga nung G*G*NG YON! MAMATAY NA SANA SIYA! HAHAHA!


We went to a spa for an hour massage to cap our day after booze. The Balinese massage is a must!!! 50,000 IDR for an hour massage is really really worth of every penny! Look for Annie's Spa on your way to Kuta beach. It's few walks away from Bakung Sari Hotel. :)



And yes!!! Today is a selfie day. This is a must! Haha!

Day 2 complete. Slapping my face with the song I heard from karinderya reminding me "Kaye, you have to heal."

Yes Bali, you are doing a great job. Thank you. Lol


Comments

Popular Posts