Settling is Never an Option

There comes a time in our lives when we have to stick to someone or something because we don't have any other better option. We are chained because we chose to stay. We chose to stay because we thought it's the best option there is, then we just finally realized in the long run, we're stuck.

How hard is it to drag yourself everyday and look forward just to get it done? I'll tell you.

You wake up in the same corner where you try to forget everything that hurts. You get up and do your everyday routine no matter how suffocating it is. You argue with your will everyday and tell yourself that you can do it, that it's just another day you'll have to lose. Another 24 hours of your life, wasted.

I've been stuck in the same place I curse everyday. I am stuck in the same situation where smoking and drinking is a necessity. And I hate it! I hate the thought that everyday I'm trying to convince myself that it's normal, that it's just a phase. I hate that I have to deal with that kind of sh*t.

I chose to stay. I could've saved myself from this, I could've saved my heart from hurting and suffering, I could've saved my soul from getting lost... but I chose to stay.

I chose to stay because of the small ray of hope that things will change in due time. I chose to stay because I trusted the person who told me to stay. I chose to stay because I wanted a momentary happiness.  I chose to stay because I thought I could turn things my own way. I chose to stay because the same thing that is suffocating me is the same reason that makes me happy.

I am with the people whom I shared my laughter and stories. But I ask myself everyday, how long will I endure? How long will these people endure my sanity? How long will I stay? How long will I be stuck?

When will I find the pot of gold? When will I see the rainbow? It's been a storm for months now and the storm chose to stay. I could've moved to another place. I could've find a better opportunity, I could've...

I always pray and ask for a sign... am I meant for this? Is this Your will.

Time changes people, circumstances, feelings, goals..

After being stuck for eons of years (of course I'm kidding...) I've finally realized my worth. I refuse to be underestimated because I believe I deserve so much more. I refuse to settle because I wouldn't want people doing that for me. I decline for convenience because I will always want to go extra mile, even beyond that actually. I don't want to be in my comfort zone forever because I want to grow. I want to see my worth.




New place, new job, another new year of my life. Now that I decided to start again, I refuse to settle, I don't want to be stuck anymore. I don't want to be caged in the same box that suffocates my humanity. I don't want to settle because it's self destructing, it's disheartening, it consumes my strength, my time and my efforts and convert it into something unsure. I don't want to settle because I know now my self worth, I know now what I deserve. I don't want to settle because it's never an option when you aim for growth, for learning, for self worth. I don't want to settle for convenience. My soul yearns for something more than that. I always want to unravel uncertainty because I gain wisdom and knowledge. I don't want to settle because I know I deserve more. I don't want to settle because I know I am worth it.

Happy Birthday, Kaye! Never settle. :)

Comments

Popular Posts